Sunday, June 16, 2013

a leaf on the wind - field recordings & ambience 2013

The title pretty much says it all - this mix is a field recording mix.  I think I've done 3 field mixes in the past but haven't done one in a long time.  So I thought it was time for another sonic exploration.

The track that got me thinking about doing a new field mix was "El Divisader" by Chris Watson from the excellent "El Tren Fantasma" album.  Really a phenomenal track.

The mix starts with some church bells that I slowed down & messed with, then we get the Chris Watson track and from there the mix uses a variety of artists a field recordings to make an interesting(I hope) journey through various sonic landscapes.

I'm not going publish a formal tracklist because there is just too much stuff going on to keep track of. There are lots of other sounds and recordings mixed through out this collage.  Some are mine, some are just random things I found.  I hope it all flows well together.


[ s t r e a m ]  [ d o w n l o a d ]   [ i t u n e s ]


This is a list of the artists, and approximate times, that have tracks appearing for more a few seconds:

03:35  Chris Watson - el divisadero
10:30  Forrest Fang -  home in exile
15:00  Vangelis - Nocturnal Rain
18:00  David Chapman - an east wind through bomb ballistics and lab 2
21:00  Collin Thomas - blackjack afternoon
31:30  Moniek Darge - solstice sample
35:00  Rapoon - Melancholic Songs of the Desert
38:30  Chris Dooks - For Wolfgang Voight
40:00  Field Rotation - watermusic
45:20  Simon Scott - sealevel.6
50:00  Chris Dooks - Sola
53:45  Linda Aubry Bullock - near

There are lots of other sounds and recordings mixed through out this collage.  Some are mine, some are just random things I found.  I hope it all flows well together.

Enjoy.



5 comments:

antdude said...

I'm only halfway through this one, but already, this is such a brilliant mix. Thanks, Dave, for doing this on a regular basis. And for giving me more stuff I have to seek out and spend money on. Aaaarrrrgh.

Low Light Mixes said...

:)

Valeria said...

This is cool!

Mr.KhoaKaKa said...

This is a nice site. i'm a DJ Viet Nam.

Anonymous said...

When we think of field recordings, we think of outdoor ambient sounds from nature or man-made outdoor sounds, particularly with the given title. The embellished freight train and the synthetic passages are somewhat heavy-handed for the sub-genre, and the natural ambiance field recordings are overpowered. Although a good mix, the title and premise are mismatched to the final product - The Interstellar Radio Station.