At the top of that list are Clint Mansell & Cliff Martinez. They are responsible for two of my favorite soundtracks, The Fountain & Solaris.
Jon Hopkins, a new composer on the soundtrack scene, could soon join those two as a favorite. His soundtrack for the movie Monsters, got a lot of play here. I ended up using three tracks from that album in this mix, I just couldn't resist.
Actually I doubled up a few artists in this mix, Martinez, Hopkins, Sigur Ros, Nick & Warren Ellis, Underworld. Normally I don't like to do that but it just sort of happened that way. This is a relatively short mix but I think it works. Sometimes I don't make it to the end of some mixes, this way hopefully listeners are still in to it & focused at the end.
Enjoy this "undiscovered soundtrack".
[ s t r e a m ] | [ d o w n l o a d ] | [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Clint Mansell - Winter Ghosts of a Future (Requiem for a Dream)
- 01:45 Jon Hopkins - Candles (Monsters)
- 03:35 Cliff Martinez - And We're Here to Listen (Traffic)
- 05:15 Thomas Newman - Still Dead (American Beauty)
- 07:55 Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Road (The Road)
- 11:30 Underworld & John Murphy - Searle Finds the Crew of Icarus (Sunshine)
- 12:20 Explosions in the Sky - An Ugly Fact of Life (Friday Nigh Lights)
- 14:10 Sigur Ros - síðasta ferð (hlemmur)
- 16:33 Craig Armstrong - Main Theme (The Clearing)
- 17:40 Ennio Morricone - Tema di Ali (The Battle of Algiers)
- 21:32 John Zorn - Family Found(cello) (Family Found(Filmworks XII))
- 23:50 Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Micro Sucker (White Lunar)
- 24:25 Underworld - Capa's Last Transmission Home (Sunshine)
- 26:10 Sigur Ros - fyrsta ferð (hlemmur)
- 28:25 Hilmar Hilmarsson - I Flew (Angels of the Universe)
- 30:25 Cliff Martinez - First Drive Home (First Snow)
- 30:50 Jon Hopkins - Water (Monsters)
- 31:55 James Newton Howard - I'm Sorry (I am Legend)
- 33:50 Jon Hopkins - Campfire (Monsters)
- 36:11 end