> _ William Gibson, Neuromacer
I love that line from "Neuromancer" & it's the jumping off point for this mix.
Now if I was going to do a true Neuromancer mix I'd use stuff like Autechre & other noisy, abrasive electronica. But this isn't really a Neuro mix, I'm not a big fan of later Autechre & music that gets so noisy as to be annoying.
In addition to that line, some new music I discovered at the end of last year got me thinking about an electronica style mix. The excellent music blog, A Strangely Isolated Place, posted their A - Z of 2010 list on December 27th. I discovered some great electronica like Lights Out In Asia, Tropics, aKido, Com Truise, Horizon Fire and more. I listened to enough of the new stuff to know that I wanted to do a related mix.
The mix is fairly straight forward but takes a different turn when it hits the two soundtrack pieces, "Kanada's Death, pt. 2" & "Monsters Theme", from John Murphy & Jon Hopkins. I absolutely love those two tracks & figured this was the best chance to incorporate them into a mix. They actually fit pretty well.
[ s t r e a m ] | [ d o w n l o a d ] | [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Milieu - Ghosts In The Trees, Songs In The Breeze (Am-Boy Alternate Remix)
- 07:32 Horizon Fire - Passed out in a Datsun
- 11:40 aKido - Mrchf Thftr
- 13:10 Morgan Packard - Again
- 15:25 Jon Hopkins - Wire
- 19:50 Marconi Union - Stationary
- 26:20 Lights out in Asia - Attempt No Landings There
- 31:00 John Murphy - Kanada's Death, pt. 2 (adagio in d minor)
- 33:20 James Murray - Eleven(decades_mix)
- 40:10 Jon Hopkins - Monsters Theme
- 43:50 Parks - Perfect Silence
- 49:45 aKido - Carrousel
- 54:05 Tropics - Soft Vision
- 59:20 end