The inspiration for this mix came from the new Jon Hassell album. If you haven't picked it up yet, do so. It's called "Last Night the Moon Came Dropping Its Clothes in the Street". It's already in my best of 2009 folder.
It's very moody, very ambient, just a little jazzy. Very much like the wonderful release from Arve Henriksen last year. I wanted this mix to have a moody, melancholy, late-night jazz feel. Although I have used some of these artists in other mixes this is the first jazz mix for Low Light mIxes. I wasn't sure what to expect when I began but it turned out fairly well.
It didn't take long to put together because it's not a sound collage like the last mix. But I think the tunes flow nicely together. Sometimes sitting around with a good scotch, you need soemthing with a jazzy flavor & I hope this works for that while remaining true to the Low Light feel. Next up...an all Eno mix.
Download : 110mb 60:00min
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Arve Henriksen - Migration
- 05:21 The Necks - Black
- 10:35 Mort d'un Pourri - Valerie
- 13:50 Slowhill - Nikos Dream
- 17:59 boren & der club of gore - Midnight Walker
- 24:45 Jon Hassell - Courtais
- 29:40 Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
- 33:35 Nick B. Ronin - Modul 42
- 39:30 Duke Ellington - Melancholia
- 42:25 Arve Henriksen - Recording Angel
- 48:20 Jon Hassell - Last Night the Moon Came
- 58:17 Mort d'un Pourri - tout est tranquille
- 1:00:00 end