The pic above is of the hammock in my backyard. My kids got it for me for Father's Day and I love it. I can't figure out why I didn't have one before. On many nights this summer I grab my kindle and a beer and lay contentedly under our big birch tree.
Of course as a true music obsessive I have speakers out on the deck that I control remotely. So whenever I head out to the hammock to read or just space out, I cue up some ambient, classical or jazz and just drift away.
That's where I got the idea for this mix. I needed a new collection to keep me company while I sway in the cool evening air. For some reason when I think of "porch music" or evening music, I think of ambient guitar. So most of this mix is guitar based, some more ambient than others. A lot of it is fairly new and all of it works well with bug spray and a beer. I couldn't resist ending the mix with a tune from...Hammock.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Nathan Amundson - More Horses
- 05:18 Jakob Bro - Lyskaster
- 09:00 CFCF - A Various Language(from the same hill)
- 12:25 Daniel Lanois - Space Love
- 14:00 David Tagg - Comanche
- 20:20 Josh Mason - Petals Too Tired To
- 23:00 Dirk Serries - Disorientation Flow
- 31:15 Christopher Willits - Now
- 35:35 Tonepoet - Headspace
- 41:50 Brian Eno - From the Same Hill
- 44:24 Matt Borghi - Homage to Dave Liebman
- 47:54 Alessio Ballerini - Night in Day
- 51:21 Tone Color - City of Three Rivers
- 56:45 Hammock - Maybe They Will Sing For Us Tomorrow