|Cedar Creeek in Cedarburg, WI.|
But then when I got to tracks #5, the Jasper, TX track, I started to hear something else happening. It was the title of track #5, "Rivers Flow," that gave me the idea of where this mix really wanted to go. It was taking me downstream. Floating, drifting, flowing downstream.
I listened to the cut already laid down and sure enough they did fit with a river theme. After deciding on the new direction I sought out a few more tracks and.. TA DA! A new mix with a flowing river theme.
The mix contains some low light regulars like Eno and Maps & Diagrams. The Kiln track I've been hanging on to for a long time, waiting for the right spot & I think this is it. The first cut is from Lowercase Noises, an artist I discovered on Bandcamp. Check him out here...Lowercase Noises.
Next up, a Sci Fi mix for Josh at Nocturne Records.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Lowercase Noises - Ambient songs 01
- 05:15 Kiln - Drala
- 07:15 Michael Brook - Mimosa
- 12:40 Field Rotation - Repetition of History
- 17:00 Jasper, TX - Rivers Flow
- 21:45 Xela - The Only Rose
- 24:10 Gagarin - An Tarbet
- 28:50 Maps & Diagrams - Searching Faraway Places
- 30:50 Brian Eno - Unfamiliar Wind
- 35:10 Benoit Pioulard - If I could possibly tell the difference
- I wouldn't care anyway
- 39:40 The Green Kingdom - Kalimba Sketch
- 43:05 Noto & Sakamoto - By This River (phantom)
- 46:00 Aglaia - On the Banks of a River
- 49:33 Martin Herterich - Silent Fields 2
- 55:15 Brian Eno - Riverside
- 58:37 end